Believe it or not, this was my first go at working with oat flour- gluten-free of course. And wowza has it opened up a whole new baking world. It bakes up so easy breezy and fluffy- making these pancakes maybe my very best pancake recipe yet (not to say the one that will be appearing on my highly anticipated book UnDiet isn't also sensationally sensational).
So, I know it's not the nicest of me to post a Sunday morning pancake recipe on a Monday, but who says you can't have pancakes for dinner? Not me, I tell you, not me- except if they're made out of this:
ENRICHED BLEACHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, LEAVENING (SODIUM BICARBONATE, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE.
Alright- now tie on your bibs and drool over this magic!
Yield: 4 Servings
- Chocolate Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs or 2 servings chia paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ - ½ cup almond milk or water
- Place all ingredients I'm food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- On a heated large skillet, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and let melt
- Scoop spoonful of batter of desired amount for pancakes ( I like ¼ cup for smaller cakes).
- Allow to cook until you see bubbles form on surface, then flip.