Nothing says summer like biting into a juicy, sweet, messy mess of peach greatness. Though I was once opposed to the fur, I have learned to embrace it, bite through, and squish on in to the delectable awesomeness of this juicy summer treat. And what better way to enjoy it than a completely raw, dairy-free peach cream pie. This is the ultimate summery no bake dessert!
What you may not have realized is that peaches come by their specialness naturally, as a member of the rose family, and that there are over 700 varieties of peaches grown. There’s an even better reason to enjoy peaches in the sunshine, though: They are rich in super health-promoting flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zeaxanthin and ß-cryptoxanthin. Go on — say those five times fast!
These compounds help scavenge the bad guys, the free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging us to look like dried up old raisins. I don’t know about you, but I want to rock it like a plump peach, not a withered one (preferably without so much fuzz, but so it goes).
The best way to enjoy a peach is in a swimsuit before diving into a fresh lake, but second best is in this most awesome, decadent-tasting, raw, dairy-free peach cream pie.
That’s right, I said Raw Peach Cream Pie!
This delight is so easy to make, and in the summer months when the kitchen can get steamy, the no-bake benefits help you to keep it cool as a cucumber… or raw peach cream pie.
Dig in, my friends. Dig in.Print
Raw Peach Cream Pie
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
It doesn’t get more raw, real and delicious than this Raw Peach Cream Pie.
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 2-3 hours
- ¾ cups honey or other sweetener of choice
- 1 whole lemon, peeled and deseeded
- ½ cup coconut cream (cream from top of coconut milk can)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, ripe peaches
- 2 peaches, sliced
- In a food processor, process nuts together with dates, coconut, coconut oil and sea salt. You may need to scrape down the sides. Process just until sticky but not too fine.
- Using a pie dish, press the crust mixture into the dish, making sure to create an even thickness and go up the sides of the dish as well. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- In a high powered blender, blend together cashews, sweetener, lemons, coconut cream, coconut oil, water, vanilla, sea salt and peaches. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into crust and place in freezer to set. After 20 minutes, remove and layer peaches starting at the outside and going around clockwise. Return to freezer for additional 35 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: peach cream pie, raw peach pie, dairy-free peach pie, peach pie, gluten-free peach pie, raw peach cream pie
Looking for more raw recipe inspiration?
- Never Say Never Energy Balls
- Wild Blueberry Peach Dairy-Free Cheesecake
- Coconut Kefir Ice Cream Pops
- Chocolate Chip Matcha Mint Ice Cream
- Hazelnut Coconut Fudge
- Blueberry UnCheese Cake
Looking for a more traditional peach pie?
Check out this amazing peach pie using a gluten-free pie crust.
20 responses to “Raw Peach Cream Pie Recipe”
Whenever I make raw desserts with cashews I cannot seem to get the cashews fine enough? I’ve tried a blender as well as a cuisinart. Flavor is usually great but texture not ideal. I also soak overnight. Do I need to use a Vitamix??
Thank you !
You just might need a vitamix or blendtec. I assume you’ve tried soaking the nuts too?
I was excited to see this as we had a lot of ripe organic peaches to use up! The pie turned out fantastic, even when I cut the honey in half. A rich dessert, but a wonderful one. Thanks for another great recipe!
I feel like Labour Day Weekend is a smidgen too late for me to try out such a summerful dish — but that’s not going to stop me! As a nod to fall perhaps I’ll grill the topping slices and add some cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to the crust :-)
[…] one up and dollop it with Greek yoghurt and a spoonful of homemade granola…Or make Meghan Telpner’s Raw Peach Cream Pie. Et voilà, le déjeuner est servi […]
[…] perhaps explains why I was drawn to this raw, vegan Peach Cream Pie on a really great blog I follow. It looked so amazing and delicious and cool on a hot […]
I find it so difficult to find a truly delicious raw dessert recipe. This one seems so easy to make too! I can’t wait to attempt it!
A few tips that might be helpful to others:
1. I made this with 1 1/2 cups of mixed berries and it was delicious! (Perfect for when your crazy friends don’t like peaches ;)
2. I used less than 1/4 cup of honey and it was plenty sweet enough. The berries were sweet anyway but you could probably get away with that with peaches as well if they are really ripe.
3. I don’t have a Vitamix, so I had to add an extra 1-2 TBSP water to get mine to mix properly, but I did get it pretty smooth! (I saw a comment about this before.)
4. If you don’t have a pie dish, make it in muffin tins and have baby pies! It made 13 for me (although really one doesn’t have a crust, but I don’t mind that– should have portioned my crust better!)
This is really delicious and super easy to make! Thanks for the recipe, Meghan!! <3
Thank you for the helpful tips! :)
OMG this is so delicious! I can’t stop eating it… with peaches in season, I think I will make a few for the freezer!
What do you mean by one whole lemons?
Is that a real lemon?
Hi Sandra, thanks for your message! Yes, use one whole lemon, peeled and de-seeded. Enjoy!
What size pie plate would you recommend?
A standard 8 or 9 inch is great.
Well, that got messed up. My “standard” 8 1/2 inch pie plate was not deep enough. Too late, I put the filling in and I had enough filling left for another pie. I do t have another pie plate and I’d have to make more crust!
This recipe is delicious! Question: for storing leftovers.. is this supposed to be like an ice cream pie (freezer) or a softer chilled cream pie (fridge)? Mine sat in the freezer longer than listed in the recipe and we pulled it out while eating dinner for a dessert and it was still pretty frozen like ice cream.
Glad to hear you loved this recipe! It’s really up to you what texture you prefer. Because of all of the fresh peaches on top, I prefer to store leftovers in the fridge so they don’t get too watery/mealy as they would if leftovers are stored in the freezer and then defrosted.
Is there a substitute for the cashews? I’m extremely allergic to them but would love to try this!
I haven’t tried making this without the cashews. You could try almonds or Brazil nuts (if you can have other kinds of nuts), or play around with adding more coconut cream and coconut oil and skipping the nuts entirely.