One pot coconut curry meal using fresh vegetables
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 4 cups fresh pumpkin (or squash of choice), cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 small or 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups green beans, cut to 1 inch pieces
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or canned coconut milk (1 full can, full fat!)
- 1 1/2 Tbs turmeric
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs black mustard seeds
- sea salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot and add onions. Saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, ginger and cumin and a little of the water and stir until well mixed.
- Add lentils, all vegetables, remaining water, coconut milk and mustard seeds.
- Stir well, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 45-60 minutes, until curry begins to thicken. Keep in mind that even after it is done cooking, the longer you let it sit, it will continue to thicken
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve over brown rice, quinoa or salad.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Entree