- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1/2 slivered almonds
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 3 cups green beans, sliced to 1 inch pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a seive, rubbing the grains slightly to rinse away bitter coating.
- Place quinoa, honey and water into a pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for about 15-minutes or until all water is absorbed. Once cooked, allow to sit covered for ten minutes and then fluff it up with a spoon.
- While quinoa is cooking, lightly toast slivered almonds in a frying pan or in the oven on low heat. Toast just until lightly browned, set aside and allow to cool.
- Steam green beans lightly, just until they turn bright green colour. You want them to still have a crunch.
- Once quinoa is cooked, beans are steamed, pomegranate is seeded, and almonds are toasted, toss together in a large mixing bowl, adding in lemon juice and salt.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Sides + Snacks