I love it when my family members come by the kitchen to share their wisdom with us, and this time is no different as my mom (yes, yes -- we look alike) shares her awesome secret to quitting coffee.
For as long as I've known my mom, she has been into health. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting on a mat at the back of her Jane-Fonda-style aerobics classes in Winnipeg. We never had sugary pop, candy, junk cereals or that kind of stuff around the house as kids and I have never, in my whole life, seen my mom sit down in front of the TV with anything other than a sliced apple, a cup of tea or perhaps the rare biscotti.
And because of all of this amazingness, she is rocking 62 (next week!) like no one else I know.
Coffee, however, has always been her non-negotiable vice. That is, until she gave it up.
In today's special episode of MeghanTV, my mom shares her coffee-quitting tips and her new morning UnCoffee ritual. She is oh-so-wise. In this video, you'll learn:
- A great source of calcium (that's not milk!)
- Why we love raw cacao
- The secret ingredient for that coffee flavour
- Why protein is so important first thing in the morning
- How to curb the mid-morning snack craving
- The best coffee replacement drink ever!
- Where I get my laugh from
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao
- 1 Tbsp Dandy Blend
- 1 small scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Elixir (optional)
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- 3 cups warm or hot water
- Hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
LOOKING FOR MORE COFFEE OPTIONS? TRY THESE WARM AND CREAMY DRINKS:
SHARE WITH ME: WHAT ARE YOUR BEST TIPS, TRICKS AND STRATEGIES FOR DITCHING THE COFFEE?
In the comments below, share the strategies you've used to help quit a bad habit, and if you try someone else's tell me which one and how it worked!