The best part of these Raw Jam + Coconut Thumbprint Cookies is that they require no cook time, so you can enjoy them immediately!
- Jam & Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of date paste
- 1/4 cup of your favourite jam
For the Cookies
- In a food processor or blender, pulse cashews into a fine flour, pour into a medium bowl.
- Repeat with the coconut flour.
- Add the lemon zest and sea salt to the flours and stir to combine.
- Add the date paste and stir until moist dough develops.
- Roll the dough into small balls about 1-2 TBSP per ball.
- Using a finger or thumb press into the centre of each ball to create a small round indentation.
- Flatten the base of each ball into a cookie shape.
- Spoon the jam into the indentation in each cookie.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze in an air-tight container.
For the Date Paste
- Soak dates in warm water until they are very soft.
- Drain dates and blend in a food processor until they are completely smooth.
- Add water only if necessary – about 1 tbsp per cup of dates at a time.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert