Craving sugar or sweetness? It might be time for a warming bowl of Miso Power Soup. You can whip and sip this one up in under 20 minutes.
- 4 cups water
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 package of tempeh or 1 organic chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 2 cups kale, finely sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1/4 cup kimchi to garnish (optional)
- Place water, carrots, celery, and ginger into medium pot, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, heat your skillet to medium heat, add olive oil, tamari and tempeh or chicken. Cook tempeh until browned on each side. Cook chicken until cooked through. Set aside.
- Once carrots are fork tender, turn off heat and added shredded kale to soup.
- Scoop out 1 cup of soup liquid, whisk with miso paste and then mix back into pot of soup.
- Ladle soup into two bowls, add tempeh or chicken and garnish with kimchi.
- Category: Soups + Stews