- 1 package organic tempeh
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 broccoli stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup brown rice or spelt flour
- 2 Tbs arrowroot starch
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 2 Tbs dried parsley
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg or egg substitute (1 Tbs ground chia + 1/4 cup warm water) Chia Seeds
- Cut tempeh up into cubes and toss into a food processor and process until into small pieces, or finely chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground tempeh, onion, zucchini, broccoli stock, brown rice, arrowroot starch, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, oregano, parsley, baking powder, sea salt and egg or egg substitute.
- Mix with a fork until it starts to come together, and is evenly mixed.
- Take about 1/3 cup mixture, roll into a ball and then flatten into a patty.
- Either cook on a 350-400 BBQ or in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove once lightely browned and firm to the touch.
- Serve on a bun, wrapped in lettuce, in a wrap or however makes your summer loving heart sing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: grill bake entree gluten-free nut-free vegan Tempeh tempeh American whole food fall