I am calling this Renegade Parsley Pesto because this parsley literally hopped up and ran away on me. I had bought a whole heaping two bicycle baskets full of produce…
… and when I got home- I realized my parsley had jumped out of my basket. I hated to think of that sweet bundle of parsley lying helplessly in the middle of the road and so I unloaded my baskets and went to retrace my tire tracks. No luck in my quest and so I had to buy another sweet green bunch.
A few benefits of parsley:
- Rich in Vitamin A which helps us to see
- High in several B Vitamins which keeps energy pumping out of our cells and keeps us a little more mood stable.
- Contains more Vitamin C than most citrus fruits and so helps boost the immune system and can prevent against many infections, colds and other diseases.
- Useful in preventing and easing conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and certain cancers.
- Contains volatile oils that have been found to inhibit tumor formation
- Contains antioxidant compounds that help prevent free radical damage to cells.
And here is the green goodness that came from my parsley misadventure.Print