Don’t you love when a recipe is just so easy you fall in love with it, and end up having it at least once a week? Enter this slow roasted vegetable and sausage pasta. It’s almost a one-pot meal. Almost. You do have to cook the pasta on its own, but the rest is done in one pot, at one temperature, and is just so flavourful, delicious and complete.
Though you can get these ingredients all year long, I also love that this is a super farmers’ market friendly recipe, meaning you could find all of the ingredients at your local farmers’ market through the whole summer, and well into the fall. You can also vary up the vegetables– eggplant, mushrooms, olives, or a different green would be great modifications. As well, choose your most favourite sausage- whether it be beef, lamb, turkey, or perhaps tempeh for a vegan option. The choice is all yours.
Finally, let’s talk noodles. I had a quick scan through my recipe posts, and it seems that over the last decade or so since I started writing here, I have shared maybe five recipes that include noodles. Despite my love of noodles, (they were basically a food group for the seven weeks when we were in Bali ) they aren’t an every day (or even an every week) thing for us, as we don’t eat a lot of grains these days. If you’re also reducing your grains, let those noodles be optional. You can leave them out and make this a hearty and satisfying paleo meal, or even mix in some cooked spaghetti squash.
I typically use the gluten-free organic brown rice noodles by Tinkyada.
This roasted vegetable and sausage pasta is dinner made so very easy and can be modified to suit all diets. Please enjoy!Print
Slow Roasted Vegetable and Sausage Pasta
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 Tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 4 sausages, or two packages of tempeh
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces (bite size)
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 package of gluten-free fusilli
- 4–5 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375, or 350 if you have a convection setting.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, onions, sausage/tempeh, peppers, tomatoes, oregano, salt and red wine.
- Transfer to a large baking dish or roasting pan and roast for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- While vegetables and protein are roasting, cook pasta as directed on package.
- Once vegetables and protein have finished roasting, stir in kale, parsley and basil, and let wilt from the heat.
- Mix roasted medley with the pasta and serve hot.
- Will keep in fridge for 3-4 days.
If using tempeh, you may wish to add 1-2 tsp of chili sauce or fermented hot sauce to the roasting pan for added flavour.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
One response to “Slow Roasted Veg and Sausage Pasta (Gluten-Free + Paleo)”
Just finished eating this dish. Delicious. Easy. Hubs loved it. Enough for lunch tomorrow for two. I did add feta on top 🙊