- 1 Tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 4 sausages, or two packages of tempeh
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces (bite size)
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 package of gluten-free fusilli
- 4–5 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375, or 350 if you have a convection setting.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, onions, sausage/tempeh, peppers, tomatoes, oregano, salt and red wine.
- Transfer to a large baking dish or roasting pan and roast for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- While vegetables and protein are roasting, cook pasta as directed on package.
- Once vegetables and protein have finished roasting, stir in kale, parsley and basil, and let wilt from the heat.
- Mix roasted medley with the pasta and serve hot.
- Will keep in fridge for 3-4 days.
If using tempeh, you may wish to add 1-2 tsp of chili sauce or fermented hot sauce to the roasting pan for added flavour.