Heads up homies! The events outlined in this post have passed :) but still check out the "I believe she's amazing" flash mob video below, and share the love!
Oh my sweet mommas! It has been a while since I was this excited for an event. Maybe not since my St. Lucia retreat (which sadly will be ending in 2 days). So because I knew I'd be in a funk when the fun in the sun came to an end, I had to bring in some sunshine. That sunshine is coming in the form of the Groove Master trainer herself, Ms. Brooke Yanzti.
In case you missed my podcast with her yesterday, you can listen to it here.
She is an amazing woman. Really amazing. So amazing that the picture of her up there above, was taken at that amazing flash mob dance performance. I showed the video here a few months ago without even realizing Brooke was a part of it. Can you spot her?
That looked like so much fun that I invited Brooke over and made her have a dance party with me in the loft!
Next Saturday, Brooke and I will be hosting, what we're calling, The Power Party. We have room for upwards of 50 people and this will be just what the Februay funk ordered. We are going to high vibe power it up and I promise we are going to learn, laugh (a lot), shake our groove thing and have the very bestest time ever.
Try and make it!
Date: Saturday, February 26th, 2011
Time: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: 401 Richmond Street, Toronto ON
Cost: $35/person in advance & $45/person at the door
Or register with friends!
$65 for 2 tickets (enter PartyOfTwo as discount code)
$90 for 3 tickets (enter PartyOfThree for three or more tickets)
What Is The Power Party?
Yes ladies and gents. Yes! Oh yes! This is what the lovely, talented and groovetastic Brooke Yantzi and I are calling The Power Party and it will be the place to be on this dark and gray Saturday afternoon in February. We’ll be taking your energy to amazing soaring heights as we aim to Fuel Your Life and Power it up with a little knowledge and a lot of booty shaking party making fun. Here’s how it will go down.
Schedule Of Events
- 2:00 – 2:10: Come on in, get settled, make a friend or two, grab a bevy, sip on some tea and settle in.
- 2:10 – 3:30: Time to get those brain waves humming as I educate, inspire, and entertain with my very own style of nutrition education. The key here is that we're making it simple, making it easy, making it make sense and even if you don’t want to make changes to super power your health, you just won’t be able to stop yourself. Basically, my little chatty chat is about how you can use a combination of the foods you eat and the thoughts you think to power your life up to the next amazing level where magic happens, you look and feel amazing, the extra winter jiggle will wiggle themselves away and your power flies through the roof. Booya!
- 3:30 – 3:40 Pee break. Leg stretch break. Fresh winter air break. Whatever.
- 3:40 – 4:50 Brooke is going to show us how it’s done. Or even better- she’s going to have all of us doing it and feeling like we can show the world how it’s done! In plain English, Brooke is going to have us up and dancing Groove style. You don’t have to be a dancer to shake it. You don’t have to be young either- just young in spirit with a sense of fun and adventure. You can move as much or as little as you like, make as much or as loud noise as you like, follow what Brooke suggests of us, or shake it on your own accord. This is simultaneously the best exercise and the best therapy ever!
- 4:50 – 5:00 Closing comments and great big hugs to all our new compadres. And then we make some dinner plans to go eat a feast together. We’ve earned it.
About Booke Yantzi
Brooke Yantzi, BA, FIS, founder of “Dancing with Life“, and The Groove Method Master Trainer, assists people in reconnecting with their body’s wisdom & heart’s guidance through movement and dance. (http://www.brookejillian.com)
For the last 23 years she has studied many types of dance from all over the world, including hip hop, tap, jazz, ballet, samba, salsa, and contemporary as well as healing modalities, psychology, and natural medicine. One of the modalities which has profoundly influenced her style of teaching is called The Groove Method (http://www.thegroovemethod.com) which has proven to be an effective way of allowing people to have more fun in and connect to their bodies in new ways!
Brooke has also studied various healing and transformational modalities since she was a young girl and has brought these into the workshops and courses that she has created. As well she does one on one coaching, assisting people to integrate into their own physical bodies and release old belief systems opening to their own unique Dance with Life!
Currently she teaches workshops and classes internationally for every age group and need.
And here are my Friday Dance Party Faves for you!
Kick It New School!
And Then Let's Kick It Old School!
Have a great weekend! I return to the land of snow on Sunday. Fresh posts coming next week!
Question Of The Day: How do you beat those February blahs?