A delicious way to incorporate turmeric into your everyday eating
- 2 Tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium and then lightly sauté onions and garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Stir in rice, sea salt and then add bay leaves and water. Cover and simmer as directed on rice package (for white basmati, I simmer for 15 minutes, let sit for 10 and then fluff).
- Once ready, stir in chopped parsley and serve hot.
If Making Cauliflower Rice
Sauté onions and garlic as outlined in the original recipe. Then add red pepper and turmeric and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in the minced cauliflower and salt and add more oil as needed to keep cauliflower from sticking.
Once cauliflower grains have ‘softened’, it’s ready to serve. Stir in the parsley and away you go.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side Dish