A cleaned up and simple gluten-free and dairy-free butter chicken recipe loaded with healing spices and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups worth)
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 bunch cilantro or sprouts (for garnish)
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a medium pot, heat oil and add onions, garlic and ginger. Sautee until onions are translucent.
- Add curry powder, chilli powder, garam masala, paprika and sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
- Add water, tomato paste, coconut milk, sweet potato, peas and cauliflower. Simmer for 20 minutes, until sweet potato is fork tender.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or on its own.
- Garnish with cilantro or sprouts and a lime wedge.
This is a great freezer meal! Keep some for dinner and freeze the rest.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Indian