A simple home remedy to boost immune health and treat the common cold or flu
- 1 cup fresh or 3/4 cup dried elderberries
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp fresh sliced ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon or 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cup raw honey
- Place elderberries, water, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from heat and using a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth, strain out mixture. Transfer liquid to a jar and stir in 1 cup of honey.
- Keep in the fridge sealed for 2-3 weeks.
- Category: Herbal Medicine