- 21⁄2 cups walnuts
- 11⁄2 cups dates, soaked
- 3 apples
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries (can also use raisins or currants)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine walnuts and dates in food processor. Make sure you remove pits if dates have them.
- Process well. You want a slightly coarse texture that is ground enough to hold together when pressed.
- Press about 1 1/2 Tbs of mixture in paper lined muffin tin.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly browned and aromatic.
- Remove and allow to cool when ready.
- Core apple and slice apples crosswise in 1⁄4 inch thick slices a
- Place apples in a large skillet with cinnamon, allspice, ground clove, maple syrup, and cranberries.
- Reduce remaining liquid to about half the volume and cool separately. This will become a light syrup.
- Place 5-6 apple slices into each muffin cup. Drizzle syrup over apples.
- Allow to cool fully. Before serving peel off muffin liner.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert