A spiced up simple dinner option
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pound ground lamb (or beef, or chicken, or 1 pack tofu)
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (omit if there’s an aversion to spice. Add more if you want it hotter)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- Warm a medium skillet and add oil and onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, cinnamon and stir well.
- Add ground lamb (or the equivalent of about two cups of protein of choice), apricots, chili flakes and salt. Stir well allowing meat to brown and cook through. Be mindful not to overcook.
- You may wish to drain the excess liquid, however I prefer to keep it in and spoon it over the rice when I serve for extra flavour.
- Serve with approximately a half cup each of turmeric rice and tomatoes, and a 1/4 cup dollop of hummus.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Entree