A pumpkin soup thats spicy enough to heat you up, easy to free up your time and extra delicious to tickle your taste buds.
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pinch each of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh pumpkin or buttenrut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into ½–1 inch chunks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (omit if spice isn’t your thing)
- 4–5 cups of water or stock
- sea salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat and sauté onion, carrot, celery and garlic just until softened. Add spices and mix.
- Add pumpkin, bay leaves, chili flakes and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for about 40 minutes until pumpkin is very tender.
- Add sea salt and more chili if desired.
- Serve hot.
You can also puree this soup before adding the gluten-free dumplings. Please be careful when blending hot liquids. It’s better to wait until the soup has cooled before blending.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Soups + Stews
Keywords: pumpkin soup, vegan pumpkin soup, dairy-free pumpkin soup, spicy pumpkin soup