This corn salsa recipe is the easiest thing to toss together when the going gets hot, hot, hot! This simple recipe shows off the absolute greatness of eating food that has been harvested at its most ripe and often sold to me on the very same day it was plucked.
The ingredients that comprise this super simple corn salsa/salad will soon be up for grabs at a market near you (if its currently early July when you’re reading this), or maybe even already if you are chilling in the warmer States down below.
Why Eat Corn When it’s in season?
There are many reasons to eat foods when they’re in season. Price, flavour, availability, freshness, sustainability and to maximize their nutritional value are all good ones.
Corn season is short where we live and it’s incredible. Basically, it tastes like candy – it has a natural sweetness so I don’t have to add much sugar to recipes like these gluten-free cornbread muffins. But mostly, we love to eat corn fresh off the cob and with minimal extra ingredients so it truly gets the chance to shine.
5 Ways To Enjoy This Corn Salsa Recipe
- As a salsa of course – dipping into it with your favourite organic tortilla or crispy rice chip chips.
- Use as a salsa topping or extra filling in your wraps. I love it in this sweet potato black bean burrito.
- Enjoy it solo as a tasty side salad.
- Use it as a topping over top of your grilled tempeh, fish or organic, free run, farmer loved poultry or meat.
- Add a spoonful into your favourite summer gazpacho or chilled cucumber soup.
This salsa recipe will be better if allowed to sit for 1-2 hours before serving. But good luck with waiting!
What are your favourite summer salad or salsa recipes?