This is the easiest thing to toss together when the going gets hot, hot, hot! This clean and simple recipe shows off the absolute greatness of eating food that has been harvested at its most ripe and often sold to me on the very same day it was plucked.
The ingredients that comprise this super simple salsa/salad will soon be up for grabs at a market near you (if its currently early July when you're reading this), or maybe even already if you are chilling in the warmer States down below.
5 Ways To Enjoy This Salsa Recipe
- As a salsa of course- dipping into it with your favourite organic tortilla or crispy rice chip chips.
- Use as a salsa topping or extra filling in your wraps. I love it in this sweet potato black bean burrito.
- Enjoy it solo as a tasty side salad.
- Use it as a topping over top of your grilled tempeh, fish or organic, free run, farmer loved poultry or meat.
- Add a spoonful into your favourite summer gazpacho or chilled cucumber soup.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cobs of organic corn (steamed, grilled or raw), cut off the cob* (about 2 cups)
- 1 red pepper (grilled or raw), sliced into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt, cayenne, and/or hot sauce to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss and store in the fridge.
This salse will be better if allowed to sit for 1-2 hours before serving. But good luck with waiting!
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE SUMMER SALAD OR SALSA RECIPES?