This is health food. Don’t believe me? Well it’s true. I made these for my sister-in-law last week as she was celebrating her birthday. It was her first birthday as a momma and as all new mommas know, they need all the help they can get, especially if it comes wrapped in chocolate. Amazingness. I wanted to give the momma of my niece all the best things. I was also playing around with ways to sneak more bee pollen into my diet. Wrap it in chocolate and I’ll eat it.
These chocolates are made with 100 percent super food power. Nothing strayed me from that mission and they turned out a work of perfection. Why not make eating healthy, potent foods in the most delicious ways possible?
What’s In These Superfood Chocolate Bon Bons?
What did I sneak inside these goodies to help power up the new momma and her little crying, pooping, sleeping, eating bundle of love? We’ve got:
- raw cacao for the magnesium and antioxidants
- maca for re-regulating the hormones
- bee pollen for energy production
- coconut for some short and medium chain saturated fats, and an awesome source of energy
- a little hemp protein for, well protein,
- raw honey for enzymes and sweetness
- flax oil for the anti-inflammatory essential fats
- ground almond for added goodness
I even ground up some goji and mixed that in there too. I sprinkled on some sea salt for a little extra minerals and lastly, dropped in some peppermint essential oil to aid digestion and soothe a little.
This is super powered healing. Food as the best medicine ever, my lovelies. This is chocolate as medicine. And this is delicious!Print