- 7–8 cups grated sweet potato (about 5–6 sweet potatoes)
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 cup goji berries or raisins (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa flour or almond meal (for non-Passover times, I opt for brown rice flour)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch each of clove and nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup or maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch each of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (omit topping)
- Place in 12 x9 baking dish and flatten firmly with the back of a spatula. This will help it hold together
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While baking, mix together topping ingredients.
- At the 30 minute mark, remove kugel from the oven and sprinkle with pecan mix.
- Bake for another 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving so it will keep together.
- Category: Entree