- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup sweet potato, coarsely chopped
- 6–8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup water, if needed
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 4–6 corn tortillas
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet or medium sized pot and add cumin, corriander and cayenne. Cook until fragrant (but not burning).
- Add garlic and cayenne and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in red onion, black beans, sweet potato and tomato and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add small amounts of water if beans start to stick.
- Add sea salt and additional cayenne to taste.
- Once sweet potato has softened, removed from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a potato masher, mash until desired consistency is achieved.
- Steam corn tortilla for 2-3 minutes just until softened.
- Dollop about 1/4 cup of bean filling into centre of tortilla, spreading it vertically through the middle.
- Add additional optional toppings including lettuce, avocado, red pepper, and cilantro.
- Option to add corn salsa and Cashew Sour Cream inside or layer over top.
- Carefully wrap in one end, and then both side, leaving opening on top.
- If eating salsa on top, layer it across the top of the rolled burrito and add another dollop of cashew sour cream.
Additional Filling Options
1 red pepper, julienned
1 avocado sliced
1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
2-4 cups, shredded lettuce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins