Making your own seed milk is very simple to do!
- 1 cup sesame seeds, soaked for 4 hours, then drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water (or tea)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp prepared Irish Moss (optional)
- Sweetener of choice (I like coconut syrup or raw honey)
- Blend the seeds and water together in a blender until smooth.
- Run through a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer into a bowl to strain out the pulp.
- Return the sesame milk to the blender and add in vanilla, Irish Moss (if using) and sweetener of choice. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and heat just until warm. You want to keep it below 75 degrees – no cooking happening here!
Keywords: seed milk, dairy-free milk, non-dairy milk, sesame milk, nut milk, sesame seeds