A white potato-free potato latke! Gluten-free and dairy-free, with Paleo and vegan options.
- 2 cups grated sweet potato
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 eggs, or 1 Tbsp ground chia mixed with 4 Tbsp water for vegan
- 1/2 cup flour + more as needed (chickpea, brown rice, or almond flour for Paleo)
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk (optional, but helps them hold)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or a little more to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a nut milk bag, clean cloth or paper towel, squeeze the excess liquid out of the zucchini.
- Mix together grated veggies, onion and egg or chia egg.
- Add in flour, psyllium is using, baking powder and salt. Add additional flour, 1 Tbsp at a time if batter is too moist.
- Form into patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I made them about 2-3 inches in diameter and flattened them out with a fork.
- Brush the tops with olive oil to give them a bit of the fried vibe.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until latkes feel dry on top and are holding together. Flip and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Quick + Easy