- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- pinch of nutmeg
- tsp fresh ginger (optional)
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper*
- As much turmeric as you can handle! Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
- 1–2 cups of water
- Raw honey to sweeten
- Milk sub of choice (I went with fresh coconut milk, but almond and hemp would both be delicious)
Slow and steady stove top method
- Simmer herbs and water together for 10 mins.
- Strain out and add honey and milk.
Fast and furious blender method
- Boil water in your kettle and add to blender (a blender with gradual speed increase will reduce likely hood of pressure from steam of boiled water exploding out of your blender).
- Add in spices and blend until smooth and unified in colour.
- Strain out tea and add milk and honey.
*I have included black pepper in this recipe as studies show it aids in the absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. I happen to be allergic to black pepper and so I omit it.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins