A tasty green curry using sprouted tofu. Swap in beans or your animal protein of choice.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2–3 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water, homemade vegetable stock or water from steaming the veggies
- 1 cup bite-sized broccoli florets
- 1 cup bite-sized cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green beans, chopped to 2 inches in length
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised (this means break them up by hand or banging with the back side of a chef’s knife)
- 1 package organic firm tofu, drained, rinsed and cubed
- 1 red pepper pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach, chard or kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cashews, raw (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- Small bunch of cilantro (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- Brown rice or rice noodles, for serving
- In a medium sized pot, sauté the onions in coconut oil just until translucent.
- Add the curry paste and garlic and lightly fry for a couple of minutes.
- In a separate pot, steam broccoli, green beans and cauliflower just until tender, but not too soft. You just want to get them half cooked.
- Add the water/vegetable stock and bruised lemongrass to the pot.
- Add the cooked broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, red pepper, and tofu and simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add the coconut milk, greens, and cashews and simmer another 5-8 minutes. Nice to keep them still a little crunchy.
- Add the chopped cilantro leaves, basil and the lime juice to taste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Turn stove off and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to mix flavours together.
- Remove stalks of lemongrass.
- Serve in a large bowl, with the noodles or brown rice at the bottom, and the curry and vegetables on top, garnish with fresh cilantro and cashews.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Entree
Keywords: curry, green curry, green curry with tofu, vegan curry, dairy-free, plant-based, curry recipe