- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or brown rice, sorghum or other GF flour of choice)
- 2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup almond milk or milk substitute of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs honey or agave
- 2 Tbs arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 Tbs spirulina
- Soak quinoa in 2 cups of water overnight or for up to 10 hours. This will kick start the sprouting process making the seeds more protein and enzyme powered and easier to digest (more on sprouting here)
- Drain excess water and rinse thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine together the milk sub, eggs, agave/honey, starch of choice, sea salt and quinoa
- Separately combine the gluten-free flour of choice, baking soda, baking powder and spirulina goodness.
- Now mix the wet and dry together until well mixed but no need to overdue it.
- Grease up a loaf pan, lightly dust with flour and then pour in the mix.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes- until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before transferring from pan onto a rack to let it cool.
- Eat up that goodness. To maintain freshness, wrap up and store in fridge or pre-slice and throw it in the freezer.
- Category: Baked Goods