A delicious dairy-free soup using the best of the fall harvest
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp dried ginger root
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 celery root, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 apples, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 4 cups of water
- hot sauce to garnish
- gluten-free croutons to garnish
- Melt oil over medium heat, add onions and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, sage, and turmeric.
- Add celery root, apple, sea salt, and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 20 minutes or until celery root is fork tender.
- Using a handheld blender or a venting high-speed blender, process until smooth.
- Scoop into bowls, add a dash of hot sauce, and a sprinkle of croutons.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Soup