...make food grade lemon essential oil.
First a chat about water. Despite all these studies that claim we don't need as much water as we think we do, I am going to flat out disagree. Feel free to argue that point as I am far away from my computer over in England so can't respond. But let me say this. The greater part of our diets are water deficient. Foods like meat, dairy, refined and processed carbs- these foods deplete us of water. Were our diets comprised only of raw fruits and vegetables, or green smoothies- sure- we would be getting lots of water. But the Standard American Diet (SAD) actually depletes out body of water and so we need to drink more than we do. Not to mention the draining effect of coffee and alcohol.
I bring this up because so many of my clients won't drink water as they claim they don't like the taste. Well- this is where lemon essential oil comes in. Yes- you can squeeze a wedge of lemon into your water for the taste, but sometimes we just can't carry a lemon slice around with us. We can, however carry a little vile of food grade lemon essential oil.
The fresh scent of lemon is uplifting and reviving- perfect for Spring. The lemon oil can also be used in cooking. I used it in my Lemon Scones.
Other wonderful uses are as follows:
- Diffuse lemon from a tissue for a boost to the emotions, or the help promote mental clarity- just drop a few drops into a tissue and inhale the scent every once in a while.
- Try adding lemon to a variety of beverages as a natural flavor enhancer.
- Use lemon to spot clean everything from household surfaces to skin.
- Add to hot water and vinegar for a great surface cleaning product
- Add 5 drops of lemon oils and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil to 1 cup of pure water, shake and spray for freshening.
- Add lemon to foods like vinaigrettes and sorbets for additional flavor and gentle internal cleansing.
I am only recently beginning to explore the world of essential oils. If you want to dig in- or breathe deep into these oils- go out to a natural food store and try them. I strongly recommend you pay the extra for the food grade, medicinal oils. They are truly amazing.