Career Opportunities with Meghan Telpner Inc.
Meghan Telpner Inc. is the parent company for the “Meghan Telpner” personal brand (books, programs, speaking, media etc.) and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, home of the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program.
Though my team and I participate in some live/in person events, the majority of what we do is online. “Meghan Telpner” and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, the respective websites, email databases and social media channels are separate, but the roles we are hiring for overlap the brands, and the outlines below would apply to both divisions of the company.
The core mission of my company and the work we do is to inspire people to live a healthy and awesome life. We do this through books, blog posts, live events, social media, programs and the Culinary Nutrition Expert program to help those that seek our guidance achieve optimal health and a most awesome life.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF OUR TEAM
Everything can be figured out.
Google is our best friend and it best be yours too. You know how to seek out solutions, implement them and do so efficiently. You of course know to ask for help when you’ve tried it on your own and still didn't find the way.
Trust your judgment.
It doesn’t matter what we read or what we see others doing; we trust our instincts, our judgment and work from there. You’re also awesome at spotting trends before they're trends and understanding how they can be applied to the business.
We don’t do things half-assed.
Whether there is a project, program, service, launch, book or video shoot- if we decide to do something, we make the time to make it happen and then we make it happen- full on. If we can’t do it full on, we don’t do it at all.
We care a lot.
We care deeply about the work we put out in the world. That work may be a single email for a three or four figure program and we care about it all- every last detail and most of all, we care about the person on the other end. We work from a place of passion, inspiration and overall with the intention to motivate positive change in those that have landed in our world.
Qualities OF OUR TEAM
- Passion for health, food, nutrition, clean beauty, natural home care and the environment
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced style with on-the-fly modifications for optimal effectiveness
- Sense of urgency and passion
- Strong aesthetic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and positive can-do attitude
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Mac user with own computer for use. We employ a Bring Your Own Device Policy
What Really Sets You Apart
- Curious thinker who loves keeping up with the news (the good and real kind)
- Passionate about digital media, online business, and fostering community
- Strategic thinker who is always looking for innovative solutions
- Professional work ethic- you show up in every way
- Staying power- the ability to commit and see projects through to fruition
- Require minimal guidance and are self-motivated to be awesome at what you do.
Freelance Social Media Copywriting + Content Creation (Community Management)
This is a fun and interesting role. It’s also super broad and we recognize you may not have 100% of the skills outlined below. Skills can be taught. You need to bring your awesomeness.
- Copywriting for social media posts across platforms (for Meghan Telpner and Academy of Culinary Nutrition) to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Scheduling posts into social media management tools (Buffer + Later and at times into Facebook directly)
- Actively engage with community on social media
- Respond to (or delete!) comments as you see fit
- Create 'sharable' graphics relating to blog content using Canva or preferred design platform
- Perform additional marketing/promotion tasks as needed
- 2+ Years experience managing/writing for social media in a professional setting
- Strong English written communication skills and effective copy editing/proofreading
- You love social media and being online.
- You love watching online social media trends and can translate that into strategies and executions
- You are a nutritionist, Culinary Nutrition Expert OR have a passion for healthy living.
- You are familiar with both of Meghan's books and/or been a reader of her blog.
- You have a gift and passion for connecting with people online.
- Basic graphic design know-how within the digital media landscape is an asset
- Some knowledge of web best practices (ie. SEO and image optimization)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, work on several simultaneous projects and deliver on time (or early)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective information organizing skills to be able to translate, for example, an editorial calendar into a social media strategy
- You have a positive, healthy attitude
- You are considered an A-player by those who know you and are always willing to go above and beyond to do a great job
- Experience working from home, with effective working practices
- Freelance Opportunity (estimated 15-20 hours per week to start -- however based on skill set, potential for more hours).
- Location: Online/Work From Home
- You will be reporting to the Operations Director
- You must have high speed internet and work in a quiet environment to take a professional phone call.
- Optimally but not essential: available online at 12pm ET on Mondays and Wednesday for team meetings
- Work schedule flexible
- Compensation is based on relevant experience to this role.
Please apply by emailing the following to email@example.com:
Job title in subject line: Social Media Copywriter
- Cover letter outlining why this role was made for you and CV as a PDF
- Relevant links to your website, blog, and/or other social media.
- Relevant links to social media account(s) you have worked for, or sample content you created for other brands (this will remain confidential)
- If you have, please include two samples of design work you’ve done as gif, JPG or PDF
- In the body of your email please provide your response to the following comment from a follower?
I was looking on the CulinaryNutrition.com website for a muffin recipe but couldn't find one. Can you share a link?
- How did you find out about this position?
If you are selected to move on to the next stage in the hiring process, we will be providing a task that requires one hour of your time. Please only apply if you are willing to take on this task.
We will only be contacting those that will be moving on to the next stage of hiring.
Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us and taking the time to apply. Your efforts are truly appreciated.
Meghan Telpner Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.