Career Opportunities with Meghan Telpner Inc.
Meghan Telpner Inc. is the parent company for the “Meghan Telpner” personal brand (books, programs, speaking, media etc.) and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, home of the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program.
Though my team and I participate in some live/in person events, the majority of what we do is online. “Meghan Telpner” and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, the respective websites, email databases and social media channels are separate, but the roles we are hiring for overlap the brands, and the outlines below would apply to both divisions of the company.
The core mission of my company and the work we do is to inspire people to live a healthy and awesome life. We do this through books, blog posts, live events, social media, programs and the Culinary Nutrition Expert program to help those that seek our guidance achieve optimal health and a most awesome life.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF OUR TEAM
Everything can be figured out.
Google is our best friend and it best be yours too. You know how to seek out solutions, implement them and do so efficiently. You of course know to ask for help when you’ve tried it on your own and still didn't find the way.
Trust your judgment.
It doesn’t matter what we read or what we see others doing; we trust our instincts, our judgment and work from there. You’re also awesome at spotting trends before their trends and understanding how they can be applied to the business.
We don’t do things half-assed.
Whether there is a project, program, service, launch, book or video shoot- if we decide to do something, we make the time to make it happen and then we make it happen- full on. If we can’t do it full on, we don’t do it at all.
We care a lot.
We care deeply about the work we put out in the world. That work may be a single email for a three or four figure program and we care about it all- every last detail and most of all, we care about the person on the other end. We work from a place of passion, inspiration and overall with the intention to motivate positive change in those that have landed in our world.
General Qualities We REQUIRE IN EVERYONE
- Passion for health, food, nutrition, clean beauty, natural home care and the environment
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced style
- Sense of urgency and passion
- Strong aesthetic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and positive can-do attitude
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Mac user
What Really Sets You Apart
- Curious thinker who loves keeping up with the news (the good and real kind)
- Passionate about digital media, online business, and fostering community
- Strategic thinker who is always looking for innovative solutions
- Professional work ethic- you show up in every way
- Staying power- the ability to commit and see projects through to fruition
- Require minimal guidance and are self-motivated to be awesome at what you do.
We don't currently have a specific role we're hiring for, but that doesn't mean we're not hiring. We are always looking for awesome people who are ready to be part of what we are growing. If you have skills, talent, drive, and all of the qualities outlined above, tell us why we need you!
We especially love people with experience in the following areas:
- New media
- Technology- website management, front end development skills
- Internet innovation- you love following trends in technology and know how to apply them in relevant ways.
- Video production and design
- Sales and sponsorship
- Public relations
- Online education and online courses
- You are a nutritionist, culinary nutrition expert OR have a passion for healthy living.
- Familiar with both of Meghan's books and/or been a reader of her blog.
- You love social media and connecting with people online.
- You have an awesome phone and email manner and love supporting customer and student needs
- Experience with your own blog is a bonus!
- Basic graphic design know-how within the digital media landscape is an asset
- Comfort with Wordpress or other blog platform
- Some knowledge of web design best practices (ie. SEO and image optimization)
- Strong written communication skills and copyediting/proof reading
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, work on several simultaneous projects and deliver on time
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- You’re open to taking on any tasks that need to be done
- You have a positive, healthy attitude to whatever may be thrown your way
- You are looking for a long-term career where you can develop your skills and evolve your role over time
- Proficiency on Mac platform
Full Time Employment
Regular office hours: 9-5:30 (with occasional evening, weekend and travel needs)
WANT US TO KNOW YOU?
Please apply by emailing the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter outlining what you can contribute to the team and the business and CV as a PDF
- Relevant links to your website, blog, and/or other social media.
- In the body of your email or by video (preferred) please answer the following questions:
- What excited you most about joining our team?
- What do you love about health and nutrition?
- What makes you super awesome?
- What makes you a little weird?
- What is your ultimate dream job?
We will only be contacting those that we wish to interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us and taking the time to apply. Your efforts are truly appreciated.
Meghan Telpner Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.