Career Opportunities with Meghan Telpner Inc.
Meghan Telpner Inc. is the parent company for the “Meghan Telpner” personal brand (books, programs, speaking, media etc.) and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, home of the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program.
Though my team and I participate in some live/in person events, the majority of what we do is online. “Meghan Telpner” and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, the respective websites, email databases and social media channels are separate, but the roles we are hiring for overlap the brands, and the outlines below would apply to both divisions of the company.
The core mission of my company and the work we do is to inspire people to live a healthy and awesome life. We do this through books, blog posts, live events, social media, programs and the Culinary Nutrition Expert program to help those that seek our guidance achieve optimal health and a most awesome life.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF OUR TEAM
Everything can be figured out.
Google is our best friend and it best be yours too. You know how to seek out solutions, implement them and do so efficiently. You of course know to ask for help when you’ve tried it on your own and still didn't find the way.
Trust your judgment.
It doesn’t matter what we read or what we see others doing; we trust our instincts, our judgment and work from there. You’re also awesome at spotting trends before they're trends and understanding how they can be applied to the business.
We don’t do things half-assed.
Whether there is a project, program, service, launch, book or video shoot- if we decide to do something, we make the time to make it happen and then we make it happen- full on. If we can’t do it full on, we don’t do it at all.
We care a lot.
We care deeply about the work we put out in the world. That work may be a single email for a three or four figure program and we care about it all- every last detail and most of all, we care about the person on the other end. We work from a place of passion, inspiration and overall with the intention to motivate positive change in those that have landed in our world.
Qualities OF OUR TEAM
- Passion for health, food, nutrition, clean beauty, natural home care and the environment
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced style with on-the-fly modifications for optimal effectiveness
- Sense of urgency and passion
- Strong aesthetic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and positive can-do attitude
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Mac user with own computer for use. We employe a Bring Your Own Device Policy
What Really Sets You Apart
- Curious thinker who loves keeping up with the news (the good and real kind)
- Passionate about digital media, online business, and fostering community
- Strategic thinker who is always looking for innovative solutions
- Professional work ethic- you show up in every way
- Staying power- the ability to commit and see projects through to fruition
- Require minimal guidance and are self-motivated to be awesome at what you do.
Program Manager and Customer Support Lead
In this role, you will work closely with Meghan managing the day-to-day needs of the business, providing customer support, as well as the lead responder for all student queries with the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. We are always evolving our systems, creating and launching new programs, and trying out something new. You will be an integral part of the successful execution of everything we do.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Manage day-to-day executive assistant needs including correspondence, and scheduling
- Office management tasks (if/when in person) which could include supply orderings, and mailings for the Academy of Culinary Nutrition.
- Online program development and launch management
- Manage email scheduling for programs, promotions, and events.
- Quality check and proofread all content and design before publishing/sending
- Seek out speaking/media opportunities for Meghan
- Engage with community members on social media channels.
- Review trending topics in health and wellness.
- Work with Meghan in editorial calendar planning for her blog.
- Respond to prospective student and customer support queries for the Academy of Culinary Nutrition and/or other programs by Meghan via phone, email and live chat.
- Moderate webinars
- Manage registration process on all courses and events
- Basic monthly financial reports (downloads of monthly sales/refunds – we have a bookkeeper and accountant)
- Occasional event planning for retreats, trade shows and/or other live events
You Are Awesome Because:
- You are familiar with Meghan’s work, her books, and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition
- Extremely comfortable working in an online environment
- You love that everyday is a little different and there are always new projects in the works.
- Have a can-do attitude, are very resourceful and love to figure things out
- You are deadline-oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise
- You proactively anticipate business changes and build plans to enhance customer/user experience.
- You have a kind and patient disposition with excellent communications skills for customer support
- You pick up technology basics quickly
- You're a super organized individual who can manage multiple projects concurrently and deliver results in a timely manner
- You are open to taking on any tasks that need to be done with a positive, healthy attitude
- You work well under pressure
- You would be available on the very rare evening or weekend for events or big launches
- You're looking for a long-term career where you can develop your skills and role over time as our company evolves
- Happy working independently from home, and/or in person with a small team.
- You have your own Mac to use for work (We employ a "Bring Your Own Device" policy)
- You are eligible to work in Canada
Your Rockstar Skills Include:
- 2+ years with customer support (both phone and email)
- Comfortable with Wordpress or other content management system
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email provider
- Experience with Asana or other online project management tool
- Experience with Paypal or other online payment system
- Strong written communication skills and copyediting/proof reading
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, work on several simultaneous projects and deliver on time
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Extra Special Would Be:
- You've run or had exposure to running a small business
- You live in Toronto
Our preference is to hire someone local in Toronto to join us in person, however we are open to applicants who could join us daily online during our regular working hours and be available to join us in Toronto 2-4 times per year during key launch periods and/or events.
- Be part of a small, hardworking, kind, drama/politics-free, dynamic, innovative, industry-leading team.
- If in Toronto: Work from home two days/week (currently Wednesday and Friday). Monday, Tuesday and Thursday work in our bright, sunny kitchen with loads of natural light. Have full use of the kitchen when working on site to prepare your lunch, with healthy snacks and teas provided
- Access to wholesale accounts for ordering natural health products, supplements, food and personal/beauty care
- Healthcare benefits: An annual allowance is provided to use for your personal health care needs, however you wish to use it (ie. chiropractic, massage, yoga, etc.)
- Full time, salaried employment to start ASAP
- Location: Toronto (Queen/Dufferin)
- Regular office hours: 9-5:30 (with occasional evening, weekend and travel needs)
How to Apply for Program Manager and Customer Support Lead
Application Deadline: Friday, May 4th. Interviews begin as soon as we applications start coming in.
To apply, please complete the following as outlined:
Part 1: Video
- Create a short (5 minutes max) and upload to vimeo. In your video, please answer these questions:
- What makes you super awesome to work with?
- What makes you a little weird?
- What is most exciting to you about this role?
Part 2: Your Email
- Set up a free account in Mailchimp (if you don’t already have one)
- Set the recipient of the email as email@example.com
- Make the subject line: Program Manager and Customer Support Lead
- Create an HTML email (of your own design or use one of their ready-to-go templates).
- Include in the email:
- A very brief letter highlighting why you are perfect for this role
- Where you found out about this job
- A link to your CV in PDF format (Dropbox or Google Drive are both great options to save your document!)
- A link to your vimeo video
- A response to this common question:
I have given up dairy but am not sure how to replace it. What do you recommend?
- A response to this question:
Are there payment plans available for the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program? What are they? (Hint: the answer is on the CulinaryNutrition.com website)
- Links to your LinkedIn account, Instagram, website (or any other relevant social channels)
Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us and taking the time to apply. Your efforts are truly appreciated. We will be in touch within a few days of receipt of your completed application.
Meghan Telpner Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.