Natural Beauty Resources
Hey there pretty thing! I know how challenging it can be when we realize it's time to clean up our beauty act and start revamping our morning gorgeous routine.
I have rounded up my favourite natural beauty resources- an ever growing and evolving list. If I missed anything- send it my way!
Be sure to bookmark this page as your easy go-to reference guide all your natural beauty care needs.
Natural Beauty On MeghanTelpner.com
- 5 Unconventional Ways To Get Glowing Skin
- Let The Sun Shine In: Part 1
- Let The Sun Shine In: Part 2
- 5 Tips To Becoming a Chemical Free Bathing Beauty
- Essential Oils That Don't Make You Smell Like Hippie
- Deciphering Cosmetic Codes
- Skin Deep: Why I Made The Switch
- Skin Brushing for Cellulite
- Unpacking My Makeup Bag - What I Use and Love
- What Stinks In My Pantyhose
Natural Beauty Recipes
- Tooth Whitening Recipe
- Non-Toxic Deodorant
- Natural Sunscreen
- Sun Protection Made Delicious
- Skin Soothing Salve
- Chocolate: Face Mask + Fudge
- 20 Best Natural Beauty Care Recipes
- Non-Toxic Hair Colour Solutions
- Top 7 Edible Beauty Care Ingredients
- Natural Astringent + Toner
- All Natural Tooth Paste
Dirty Beauty Exposed
- Tampons: The Dioxin Glyphosate Vagina Cocktail
- How To Know If Your Essential Oils Are Top Quality
- Arbonne Review Update: Has Anything Changed?
- Silky Smooth Legs or A Science Experiment
- Cleaning Up Our Cleaning Stuff: A Rub Down With Toxins
- Johnson & Johnson: Healthwashing Babies For Over 100 Years
- Is Arbonne As Pure and Safe as they claim?
- Lush Cosmetics and Sulfate Use
Learn: Edible Beauty Care Online Course
We will explore the challenges in conventional cosmetics and beauty care products and what to look out for, and will then dig in how to make everyday personal body care products out of the most basic kitchen ingredients.
Using essential oils for their healing properties, combined with whole foods like avocado, oats, coconut oil and raw honey, I will demonstrate how to make and use an assortment of products including tooth paste, deodorant, facial cleanser, body scrub and even an amazing tooth whitener (this one will make you laugh for sure). All of my recipes are included in the accompanying reference guide.
You will receive a collection of recipes as well as a list of herbs and foods and the function they can play in your cosmetic cabinet.
TOPICS EXPLORED INCLUDE:
- Ingredients to stay away from.
- Edible beauty care ingredient essentials.
- How to pick and choose the best herbs and oils for your needs.
- How to create base body and beauty care products that can be modified to your needs.
- Extra beauty care tips such as natural tooth whiteners and a fun self-tanner.
- Products for face, body, mouth and hair.
- Tips on extra beauty care practices such as dry skin brushing and more.
What’s most awesome is that in the downloadable reference guide that is included with the course, you have a complete listing of the best carrier oils, essential oils and herbs to enable you to mix and match the very best products for your individual beauty care needs. Let your beauty care be your medicine in a most delicious way!
My Favourite Brands
Best essential oil based, pure body care products. This is as pure as oils get and I am completely hooked on several. Once you try these, there is nothing else needed. Let me know how you go- I may need to start a support group soon!
- Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever for all over moisturizing
- Healthy Gum Drops for your teeth
- Rose Glow Face Creme
- Breast Care Bundle for action towards breast health
One Stop Shop: The Detox Market
You can order their products online in Canada and the US and there are two locations here in Toronto and one in LA. This store is beautifully curated with the best in beauty care. Visit The Detox Market
More of my favourites
- Graydon Skincare: Great for everyday use for hands and body. Try the all over soap!
- Sea Flora: Organic sea vegetable based body care. I have used these products to help topically with eczema and psoriases.
- Odacite: Certified organic skincare with no preservatives
- Consonant Skincare: Natural skincare
- Ilia: Clean make-up. I love their lipstick.
- Thera Wise: Therapeutic products for everything from nursing needs, acne to haemorrhoid-care
- Green Beaver: All purpose body care with a great line of kids products
- Tate's Miracle Conditioner: My go-to for taming the frizzy hair.
Natural Beauty Books
- There's Lead In Your Lipstick by Gillian Deacon (Canadian Link)
- Slow Death By Rubber Duck by Rick Smith (Canadian Link)
- Toxin Toxout by Rick Smith (Canadian Link)
- Ecoholic Body by Adria Vassil (Canadian Link)
- Holistic Dental Care: Complete Guide To Healthy Teeth and Gums by Nadine Artemis (Canadian Link)
- Herbal Remedies for Vibrant Health by Rosemarry Gladstarr (Canadian Link)
Natural Beauty Resources From Around The Web
- App: Think Dirty (Shop Clean!)
- Environmental Working Group: Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
- Reference: No More Dirty Looks
- Resource: Eco Beauty Care Directory
- Resource: Natural Cosmetic News
- Resource: What's In Your Makeup