A simple gluten-free and dairy-free coconut curry using cod.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups organic coconut milk
- 1 pound cod, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups greens of choice, cut into thin strips
- cilantro to garnish
- In a pot melt the coconut oil and then mix in onions and garlic. Sautée for about 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, chilli flakes and salt.
- Stir in carrots, red pepper, lime juice and coconut milk.
- Add fish, stir and let sit to simmer for 20 minutes. Try and avoid aggressive stirring once the fish is in as it will flake apart.
- Once fish is cooked through and flaking, gently mix in greens and remove from heat.
- Serve on it’s own, or over rice or noodles and garnish with cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner