A simple grain-free almond bread that will replace your favourite bread.
- ½ cup cashew cream*, coconut kefir or organic yogurt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2½ cups whole raw almonds
- 1/ 4 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, or 2 servings of chia paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs coconut syrup (optional)
- 2 TBS sesame seeds (sprinkled on top)
- 1 Tsp rock salt (sprinkled on top)
*Cashew Cream- blend 1 part soaked cashews with 2 parts water
- Preheat the oven to 325. Grease and dust a loaf pan.
- Mix together cashew cream and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Grind almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds in a food processor, coffee grinder or high speed blender until you have a fine meal.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients – eggs/chia paste, cashew cream, oil, and coconut syrup.
- Mix wet and dry together until there are no lumps, but don’t over-mix. Pour into the pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and rock salt.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes – until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and feels firm when you press down. Allow bread to sit for about 5 minutes before removing it to a cooling rack.
- Best stored wrapped in the fridge.
- Category: Baking