A fat-rich satiating snack or dessert
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup hazelnut butter (or whole hazelnuts, see note) + 1/4 cup chopped for garnish
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or sunflower seed butter, see note)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (add more if desired to taste)
- 2 Tbsp cacao (optional)
- pinch of salt
- In your high-speed blender or food processor, combine coconut oil and nut and seed butters, maple syrup, cacao and salt.
- Blend until smooth and pour mixture into silicone molds to set. Can also use a glass pyrex.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts to garnish and transfer to fridge to set for one hour.
- Pop out of mold, or cut to desired size and store in an airtight container with the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Serve directly from the fridge and keep chilled.
*I made this in a Vitamix blender using whole toasted hazelnuts and sunflower seeds and they blended until smooth. I do not know if whole nuts/seeds would blend as smooth in a food processor.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snack