So last Sunday, I was feeling the pain. Everyone around me was sick and I could feel the ickyness hovering over me. Had so many plans for the day. I was going to work for a bit, go to yoga, and out for dins with my man and his fam.
But no. There were other plans in store for me. Seems my immune system was the cruise director of my ship and had decided it was going to try and take me down. Na- ah! No way. I had the photo shoot for my book and a million things to get done this week. There was no time for sickness.
So instead of doing what we all like to do- push on through until we have no choice but to lay in bed incapacitated, I took a hot, hot, hot long steamy bath and made the grossest concoction that has ever been concocted, and I rested.
Now, when I say this drink was gross- I mean gross in the most potent, healing way. You know I am all about delish balancing with healing- but when it comes to the risk of cold and flu, delish goes right out the window.
The ONLY thing that allowed me to get this baby down, was my glass straw. This straw is as good as an IV drip when it comes to getting the goods in as quickly as possible. Want to know what was in the mix?
Only the most powerful things I had on hand.
- Navitas Pomegranate and Acai Powder: for antioxidant super power.
- Cayenne: to get circulation going and heat heating.
- Fresh Ginger Root: Anti-microbial, anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory, and super strong antioxidant.
- Raw honey: anti microbial, anti-viral, anti- microbial
- Chaga tincture : most potent anti-oxidant ever!
- Shizandra extract: Enhances immune system through antioxidant effect and increases energy supply to brain, muscles, liver, kidney, glands, nerves and entire body
- Ocean's Alive: Super detoxifier, essential fatty acids and amino acids.
- Lemon + peel: Vitamin C and bioflvanoids
- Living Libations Immune Illume + Hotberry: AMAZING source of anti-oxidants plus tastes so good.
- Blueberries- more antioxidants and vitamin C (and hoped it might help with the flavour).
- Buffered Vitamin C Powder: self explanatory no?
- MSM powder: for extra liver and cell detox support
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 tsp Navitas Pomegranate
- 1 tsp Navitas Acai Powder
- 1/4 tsp (or as much as you can handle) Cayenne
- 1 Tbs Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Tbs Raw honey:
- 2 dropper-fulls Chaga (or fave mushroom extract) tincture
- 1 tsp Shizandra extract
- 1 dropper full: Ocean's Alive Marine phytplankton
- 1/4 organic lemon (with peel on)
- 3 drops: Living Libations Immune Illume + Hotberry
- 1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbs Buffered Vitamin C Powder
- 1 tsp MSM powder
- 1 1/2 cups of water (Don't add too much water. You want this to go down as quickly as possible)
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth as possible.
- Pour into glass, add a glass straw and suck it back as fast as you can.
- Take a hot bath to raise your body temperature. This helps kill off bacteria (similar to how a fever works).
Question of the Day: What are your tricks and tips to fend off sickness naturally?
P.P.S. Want to share the cold fighting love? Tweet today's tweetable!