For The Just Sweet Enough Pie Filling
- 5 cups fresh peaches (or fruit of choice), sliced thinly
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar, or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
For The Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust
- 2 cups gluten-free flour of choice (I used 1 cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup sorghum and 1/2 cup chickpea)
- 2 tsp guar gum (could also use xanthan if you have it)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or preferred natural sugar)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup icy cold water
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- First, make the filling: combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Lightly oil a 10 inch pie pan.
- In a bowl, combine your flours, guar gum, sea salt and sugar choice.
- In a small pot, melt coconut oil just until liquid. Add liquid coconut oil to cold water with cider vinegar and grapeseed oil, stirring to combine well.
- Pour oil mixture into dry ingredients and get on in there with your hands until well mixed (but let’s not over-do it here). Dough will be a little moist.
- Divide dough in half and keep one half covered with a cloth (to keep it from drying out).
- Roll out the other half between two sheets of parchment.
- Carefully place the dough in the pie plate. And I mean carefully. This stuff might tear a little, but it’s the underside so no one will see it anyway.
- Fill crust covered pie plate with peach/fruit mixture.
- Roll out the second ball of dough and cover the pie. Use your artful skills to pinch the edges how you like them. Make those fun little slits in the top of your pie to let the steam out.
- Chill pie in the freezer for 30 minutes. While the vegan peach pie is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the pie in the oven for about 30 minutes. If you wish, you can then remove pie from oven and brush with a little maple syrup.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes until pie is golden delicious!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: pie, gluten-free pie, vegan pie, peach pie, vegan peach pie, gluten-free peach pie, gluten-free pie crust, gluten-free vegan pie crust