A simple syrup that uses less sugar than most and can be adapted for any seasonal fruit.
- 1 /1/2 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cups organic sugar, coconut sugar or 1/3 cup of honey
- Place all ingredients in a pot and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stirring as continuously as you have the patience for.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the liquid.
- Transfer liquid to a jar and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Beverage