Over the weekend I made full on love in the kitchen with my brand shiny new slow cooker. I actually made this in it and man, oh man was it wicked awesome. What that meant was that come Sunday night- dinner was ready and I didn't have to do a thing.
With free time on my hands- and 20 minutes was all I needed, I made a little update to this awesome chickpea breakfast bread recipe, which you first learned about when we used it as a grain-free / gluten-free pizza crust. We had no leftovers.
On this fine Tuesday- here is a quick and easy grain-free bread recipe for you.
Yield: 16 slices
- 1 cup chickpea flour (often called garbonzo bean flour)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400 and lightly oil a 9 x 12 baking dish and sprinkle with flour.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.