Nobody likes a dry muffin, right?
It gets oh-so-tricky to make amazingly delicious and moist baked goods when you choose to kick it whole and healthy by ditching the butter, sugar, eggs and white flour — all the things that typically make muffins awesome.
I have been gluten-free for 10 years now, though this run was not my first attempt. I tried going gluten-free back when I was 18 and my doctor told me I was depressed. Instead, I thought maybe it was the bread (I’d heard something about gluten and depression.) Trying to cut out gluten in 1997 was a whole other story — now, it’s easy and when you are able to make healthy and delicious treats, it’s even easier.
Today on MeghanTV, I am sharing one of the most popular recipes from my book UnDiet, and in the process, will also share my three best tips I have come up with over the last ten years for baking the best moist muffin.
In this video I’ll share:
- How to best combine gluten-free flours.
- My secret ingredient that helps bind gluten-free baking.
- How to replace eggs and still have your muffins turn out fluffy.
- A salad dressing ingredient that does magical things to baked goods.
- How to successfully eliminate buttermilk in recipes.
- Options for ways to healthify your old-time favourites.
Bake Yourself A Moist Muff!Print
If you are digging all of this culinary nutrition goodness, be sure to check out our Culinary Nutrition Expert Program.
If you want to try out a Gluten-Free lifestyle, check out this transition program.