Despite that we are still in the new moon phase looking for our estrogen levels to peak, I am offering an amazingly simple recipe for a completed raw, veggie based hummus. What does one have to do with the other? Well, if you signed up for the $5.00 tutorial about balancing hormones with the Lunar Cycle, you would know that chickpeas have contain phytoestrogens, and also have an idea of what that even means.
Seriously- my segues as passive approaches to promote this tutorial are something else. And I though my integration for the Green Smoothie Cleanse was great.
Speaking of Green Smoothie Cleanse, following the cleanse I still seemed to have lots of veggies leftover, which made this recipe even more timely. I will skip the chit chat as there is not much to say about this except that it is raw, it is live and it is all veggie delicious. The presence of sesame seeds or tahini also add some great fats and protein as well as an awesome source of calcium. You won't believe this one is raw and bean I mean pea, I mean legume free.
- whole zucchini
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup tahini or olive oil (or blend of olive oil and flax oil)
- ½ – 1 tsp celtic sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ clove mashed garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- Process all ingredients in food processor or hand held blender
- If consistency is too thick, add some water
- If serving as a dip- pour some olive oil on top and sprinkle with some paprika, cumin and chopped parsley.
- Note- you could always swap out the zucchini and avocado and replace with 1 can organic chickpeas to go traditional.
Photo courtesy of http://images.quickblogcast.com