This Tie-Dye Tropical Turmeric Chia Parfait is a fantastic vegan recipe that you can prep in advance to make mornings smooth and easy. Loaded with fruit, dairy-free coconut yogurt, turmeric – perhaps one of my all-time favourite spices – and chia seeds, you’ll feel ready to take on the day after eating it. Plus, it’s super bright and colourful, which is always a bonus!
Culinary Nutrition Expert Jennifer Barr of Toronto, Ontario created and donated this delicious recipe to From Scratch Cooking 2019. This is the annual e-cookbook for charity created by the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. Sometimes, the world’s problems seem overwhelming and insurmountable. Whenever I worry about the collective ‘us’, I remember there are thousands of people creating meaningful change daily and that every choice counts. I am fortunate to be part of a passionate community through my business and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, the school I founded in 2014. We are now at over 2,100 alumni worldwide and each year, I’m honoured to share their delicious recipes with you and support amazing causes at the same time.
One of my favourite projects is From Scratch Cooking. We donate 100% of the proceeds we raise to charitable organizations. You can learn more about where the money goes here.
I love this chia parfait recipe because it’s:
- Full of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats
- High in antioxidants, calcium and magnesium
- Rich in some of my favourite herbs and spices, including turmeric, ginger and turmeric
- Great for meal prepping
- Very beautiful!
If you haven’t checked out Jennifer’s Instagram, you really must. She’s a champion meal prepper and her weekly doses of gorgeously prepped meals and snacks will inspire you to get in the kitchen immediately.
I hope you are inspired to try this recipe, and if you’re looking for more goodies like this, then get your copy of From Scratch Cooking now.Print
Tie Dye Breakfast Parfaits
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 servings 1x
Packed with colourful flavonoids and anti-inflammatory compounds, this tropical gem is sure to make you shine all season long.
For the chia pudding:
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Optional: Toasted buckwheat or shredded coconut, for garnish
For the layers:
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Place pineapple into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Place the pineapple and all remaining chia pudding ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Once the chia pudding has sat overnight, get your favourite glass jars ready for layering. Put a layer of pudding, followed by the coconut yogurt and then the fruit. Repeat the layers again, ending with the fruit. Top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut or toasted buckwheat if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: chia pudding, breakfast, brunch, overnight chia pudding, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, chia seeds
2 responses to “Tie Dye Breakfast Parfaits”
I am allergic to pineapple. What can I use to replace it?
Mango or peach would work.