Why is that we are always our own worst enemy?
In today’s episode, I am talking about health specifically, but the same guidelines I offer can apply to so many goals and resolutions we make, and then let fall flat.
Why is is that we cartwheel through the gate with the best of intentions, and then when it gets a little hard, a little uncomfortable or a little scary, we just stop? We prevent ourselves from taking that next leap that will take us to the next level in our lives.
Much of it has to do with fear. Human beings are creatures of habit and, for the most part, we fear change. So we let our minds play all sorts of tricks on us, we come down with an epidemic case of excuse-itis, and then instead of taking it to the next level, we stop, fall short and unravel all the work we have done. This holds us back in our health goals, in our career goals, as entrepreneurs, as partners, and even as positive forces in our community.
But… have no fear! That derailing self-talk doesn’t have to be. We can conquer it.
In this episode I share:
- What triggers our self-sabotage
- A powerful mantra that works to get you on the path to success
- The ’90s diet craze that is still causing a hangover today
- A secret weapon strategy to empower you make the best choices, effortlessly
- Why the “all things in moderation” mindset is seriously broken
- A wickedly awesome dance break*
If you are looking for a couple of quick ways to get back on track and stay there, I have options for every budget!
- 7-Day No Sugar Challenge
- Pick up a copy of UnDiet
- Be your own best meal prep champion!
- Become your community expert and get certified in Culinary Nutrition
What are your best strategies for staying on track with your health?
*Wickedly awesome is a matter of opinion. I loved it. Everyone else did not.