I can’t count the number of times I have been asked about what I eat. The recipes I am sharing with you this week aren’t of the fancy pants variety. They are my go-to standard, none more so than this Fast and Easy Miso Power Soup.
Miso is made from fermented soybeans (though now, you might even luck out find soy-free coconut or chickpea versions). The fermentation process loads this up with probiotic benefits. What I love about miso is that its mineral richness totally and completely kicks the ass of sugar cravings.
Often when we’re craving sugar or sweetness, it can mean:
- We’re tired (and so we should rest)
- We’re thirsty (and so we should have some water)
- We’re bored (and so we should go do something!)
- We’re sugar crashing (and so we should cut out sugar to avoid this situation in the future)
- We’re in need of some minerals as we’re out of balance (and so we should make this soup!)
A cup of miso soup, made simply by stirring one tablespoon of miso paste into a mug of hot water, can be exactly what you need to conquer the afternoon sugar cravings.
This miso soup recipe is the antidote to pretty much all that ails you.
This takes no more than 20 minutes to make, is satisfying, protein rich, warming and is pretty much the most perfect comfort food around.