It's that time of year again! Our 5th annual cooking with cats. It is a classic at this point I know and I give full credit for my dad for making this happen year after year.
So far we have ventured into the land of :
And this year we donned the whiskers once more as Clown Cats and got down to business making one of my most favourite recipes of all time. Watch!
This is the greatness we baked up!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast bread dessert dairy-free gluten free gluten-free low-carb low-sodium nut-free soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian maple syrup pumpkin Halloween cake fall
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 2 cups steamed and pureed pumpkin or 16 oz. can organic pumpkin
- 1 Tbs chiaseeds, ground (use a coffee or spice grinder)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs OR 2 Tbs ground chia + 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together in blender, food processor or mix by hand.
- Pour mix into greased/dusted round pie pan or square baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tooth pick insterted comes out clean
Question of the day: What kind of cats should we be next year? And what do you want to see us make?