Home alone on Sunday night and the cookie monster started lurking about. The thing about treats is that we're always going to want something and the best defence is to be committed as a non-negotiable to only eat treats that come freshly baked, blended, whipped, or frozen from your own kitchen. And so- here I have for you the most delicious gluten-free chocolate chip cookies I could ever dream up.
Yield: 15 cookies
- ¼ cup Ghee or coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds, ground
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup organic chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- With a whisk, food processor of blender, cream together the wet ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the try ingredients and then turn the wet into the dry.
- Add in chocolate chips and nuts if using.
- On parchment lines cookie sheet - dollop 2 tbsp of dough per cookie and bake for 15 - 20 mins. until edges are golden.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes and serve with tea. Yum!
What are your fave Sunday night treats?