Are you somewhat new to a healthier way of eating and living?
Within the first few years of taking on this health thing, giving thought to what you’re eating lies in a delicate balance that still requires a little more time, thought and planning. You may feel like one little disturbance might just provide the best excuse to give it all up and hit the drive-through.
No way. Or not anymore. In this episode we tackle just this challenge!
The trickiest time to stay on track is when you’re travelling away from the nest. Whether you’re going for an overnight stay at your Costco-loving friend’s house, on a business trip, or a week’s adventure with your family, what you eat will dictate how you feel during this time (and perhaps even how you get on with each other!)
No matter where you are, at home or away, why would you want to feel anything less than your best?
In this week’s episode of Meghan TV, I offer you my top foods for travel and how to turn them into a meal. I cover:
- What to look for and what to ask for when booking accommodation
- What to pack with you
- What to pick up on arrival
- How to turn it all into delicious, fresh, quick, easy, health supporting meals
Your Healthy Travel Shopping List
- Red Pepper
- Collard Greens
- Mixed Greens
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Hemp Seeds
- Trail Mix
- Nut Butters
Roll Those Collards
- Select a hearty, intact leaf.
- De-stem by turning the leaf upside down and carefully shaving off the stem with your knife.
- Flip the leaf back right side up and layer your filling vertically with the long direction of the leaf, leaving a good 2 inches at each end.
- Fold in the ends and then wrap in the sides.
- Slice down the in half and dive on in!
Join the conversation below!
Do you find it challenging to maintain your healthy lifestyle when travelling? What have you found that helps you stay on track?